Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just October

Well, a month since I've blogged.  The short version  -among a few other things,  the big guy had yet another heart event and was hospitalized and our family suffered a tragic loss with the sudden death of my 34 year old cousin.  Please say a prayer for Stephen - drug addition is a cruel thing.


I'm convinced that every once in a while, a particular month presents challenges one right after the other - October was like that.  But, all one can do is have faith - I am though, glad this month is coming to a close.


We were fortunate though, to be able to get away for a bit,  take some time, and try to relax and refresh. ........








I finally managed to start doing some Halloween decorating around the house  when we get home.  Gotta love Martha - I had picked up these cool bottle labels last month from her tons of Halloween craft items.  What a quick, simple,  fun way to create that spooky spirit.  I saved a couple of wine bottles and an olive oil bottle, washed them out and reapplied Martha's labels.  I refilled the bottles with water and added some food coloring.   The end result?   I love my tray of creepy potions in the kitchen!




I've not scrapped for quite some time - since my last Magpie kit, actually.  I am starting to miss it a bit, and am off today, so here's hoping!  I've an Amy Tan class that I totally missed!


Enjoy your Wednesday.  Happy to see you again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, 34 is just too young to pass away. I am sending good thoughts to you and your family. Sounds like the trip was exactly what you needed. Hoping you get to get some scrapping done soon, I know it always makes me feel a bit better

Astrid said...

Sounds like a hard month for you, take care!

Mary Jo said...

I'm so sorry, Donna!
I have been wondering where you were.
Hoping for a more peaceful November for you.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult month! Good thoughts coming your way!

sophie said...

I feel so sorry for you and your falilie. My prayers go to you accross the ocean. I am glad you also had some time out. Hope you will feel better and that november will bring you more to be thankful for.

Sasha Farina said...

my darling friend, i'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs* i'm glad you got to get away to recharge and resfresh though. Please know i'm thinking of you all the way from singapore. *hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...